Many palettes are made to measure to respond best to clients' needs. The main elements considered during the choice and fabrication are:
- the nature, mass, format and conditioning of the product to handle.
- the client's production, handling and storage tools.
- the specific demands and expectations of the final clients.
- the cost/efficiency relationship.
- the fact of working with 'lost' palettes or in pool with the aim to reuse.
- marketing aspects and brand image.
- legal and international constraints.